Sunday, January 23, 2011

flea market finds

Found these chairs x 3
Photobucket
seats and backs are original laminate in beautiful aqua (describe this colour to me in original 50's term pls) with chromed legs. Very rusted and pitted, but have sanded one back and still blemished but lovely and smooth... Laminate (name?) also has a little bit of water damage in the back ply sections - am thinking of stripping one layer and repainting? Ideas pls?
Photobucket

And this old trolley is going strong. Won't be used for the market run, is hiding in amongst soft toys at the moment:
Photobucket

Play along with your flea market finds again in 2011 here:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great chairs! My friend calls that colour toothpaste green. Spearmint would do also. Laminex, Formica? Reminds me of our old kitchen table. My brothers used to stick their old chewing gum underneath at dinner time. I'm sure it's still there - boys!

Cherie said...

Yep Laminex Spearmint sounds about right to me.
Try rubbing the chrome very gently with warm water and soft soapy wet Steelo Soap Pads.
Love to hear how you go with the Laminex. It was made by joining thin sheets of ply with the Laminex on top, one dose of rain and they were kaput as you can see! Love your enthusiasm ;-)

nadine paduart said...

would that be formica? oh right, the colour. aqua, otherwise, sounds proper.
good luck with them, they look sturdy and worth every penny!!

marian said...

fabulous finds!
the chair takes me back to my childhood..it's spearmint laminex.
and that cane trolley is to die for adorable!

Wendy said...

Gorgeousness! That trolley is to die for...

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Heya Lovey....!

I hope this note finds you & the WEE one & the WEE WEE one well.... :o) !!

I am SERIOUSLY green over these finds....I come across these DDD (Drop Dead DELICIOUS) chairs from time to time in the Hard Rubbish....To bring the chrome back to it's shiny YUMMINESS I simply use a fresh DRY sponge from the kitchen....You know the ones with the green scratchy bit & the yellow bit....I use these as they are a tad gentler on the AGED chrome than the metal based scourers....Bit of elbow grease & Bob's your Uncle....I recently sold a set of 4 x green chairs after doing this for a TIDY sum....Was WORTH the sweat involved....!

I have never EVER found one of those WICKED wicker trolleys though....I am green I tell ya....Green....GREEN....G-R-E-E-N....!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)